Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Use Your Scraps!


Weekly Challenge #38



#38
Challenge:   Use your Scraps
September 24 - 30th, 2013

Hello Crafty Friends!   Today is my Design Team posting day for the Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge Blog.  This week we are being asked to "Use Our Scraps".  Any of us that do paper crafting always have little bits of paper left over. Do you save them or recycle them or just toss them in the trash? I am a "saver" - especially if it is a "special" paper- a pretty pattern, glitter cardstock,  or a neat texture.  But I really am good at saving any usable size left over pieces of paper and I turn to my scraps first when I am creating, before cutting into a brand new piece of paper!
Today I made a birthday card for a sweet friend that lives in Alaska. (Hi Lori!!) 
 Let's take a look at it and then we'll talk about it!

I used an adorable Paper Smooches Stamp from the set called
"Chubby Chums" set.  I recently purchased some water color pencils and stamped the chick on water color paper and then used the pencils to color her in- then used a water color paint brush dipped in water to blend. I then "fussy cut" around the chick. To create the "nest" she is sitting in, I drew a nest with the water color pencils and then again used the paint brush to help blend the color. I did a light blue watercolor back ground as well for the chickie and the nest to rest on!  
I used foam squares to give the card dimension.


I used another Paper Smooches Stamp for the little flag the chick is holding - from the same stamp set, "Chubby Chums".  I just hand cut a little banner shape.

For the inside sentiment I stamped the "happy birthday" from a super cute set called Sentiment Sampler.  
You can get your very own Paper Smooches stamps from The Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge Blog. Tammy has some amazing weekly specials going on right HERE! 
I KNOW you have some scraps laying around your craft area!  Please join us in this challenge and enter your own project!

Please make sure your creation post has a link back to Cuttin' and Stampin'

Thanks for playing along we will be announcing the winners on October 4, 2013. 

You can link your project 

Thank you so much for visiting today! I'd love to hear your comments!





10 comments:

Donna K said...

Teresa! This is an absolutely darling little card, chick! I love it and boy, did you do a great job with the water colors! I think the little chickie is so chubbycute and so is the sentiment. Great job my friend...thanks for making my day with your creativity!

Sarah said...

Hey Teresa! super cute card. I love the sentiment and the little chick. You did a great job.
Hugs!!!
Sarah

Miranda said...

Super Cute!!!!

Life - Up, Down & Sideways said...

Great card Teresa. I love all the water colors.

Tammy S.

Scrappin Robin said...

Super Cute card. You did a wonderful job as always.

Unknown said...

Wonderful job Teresa! I love your watercoloring on the little chick! This is such a great card to have on hand. I always love your projects!!!!

Kathy Salido said...

Teresa,
Your card is so sweet! I just love your coloring. I am going to have to try some watercolor pencils. What kind did you buy??

scrapbookingforfun said...

Super cute Teresa!! Your projects are always wonderful!!!

cema1cema said...

Teresa your card is adorable!!! Christina

Unknown said...

Hello there from another gal who loves all things paper and the lost art of letter writing. I found you at "inspiremefridays' link up. Loving the bold colors and graphics on your blog. I especially like the inside 'happy birthday' on neon green and that font is to die for! You may enjoy my blog, come on over for a visit some day.

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!