Thursday, June 14, 2012

Patriotic Day at My Cricut Craftroom

HAPPY FLAG DAY!!

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit today!  Today is my day to post for My Cricut Craftroom, where I am so very lucky to be a member of Erica's design team!
This week we were asked to make something  "Patriotic".  I was lucky enough to have a great collection of photos from my Grandchildren's first Forth of July in their new home and new neighborhood. Their neigborhood had a Forth of July celebration, with a little parade of bikes and trikes and wagons and some games for the kids.  My Daughter in Law, Alyssa, always makes sure the kids look so cute for whatever the holiday they are celebrating. It was the perfect opportunity to make a cute little 8 x 8 inch album - simple but full of these adorable grandchildren!! 


This adorable page of my grandson Cooper and sweet little Lainey on her first Forth of July!
I used the Stand and Salute cartridge to cut the United States image, the stripes and star layer and the cool wording that says  "4th of July".  

Here is a better view of the Text that says "4th Of July" and comes on the Stand and Salute Cartridge (which is available at Erica's store right HERE and it's on sale!!)
I cut the word "Happy" from another cartridge, but I am sorry to admit I didn't write down what I used and my memory is not helping me out on this!  Ohhh, come on...you know you have those moments too!
If you don't....just humor me and don't mention it!


I simply layered strips of red, white and blue cardstock on the page and then framed the photo with red card stock and then an outer border with white cardstock.  It is a very very simple page... just enough to highlight those precious children! 
Please come back next week when I feature a second page from this album featuring the Stand and Salute Cartridge once again!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
  Please visit My Cricut Craftroom to see the other Patriotic projects that the members of the design team are sharing today!





13 comments:

Tonya said...

Cute layout and even cuter grandchild! Great job Teresa.

Jessica Kephart | A Homespun Affair said...

Very Cute as always Teresa!

xoxoxox

Jess

Miranda said...

Great LO! Your grandchildren are adorable!
Miranda :)
MCCR DT Sister
www.nanasscrapspot.com

scrapbookingforfun said...

Great layout and cute little ones!!
MCCR DT Shelley

Heather Lynn said...

lovin' your sweet layout! what adorable photos, too! :)

BrendaB said...

Your grandchildren are adorable! Love this great 4th of July page!

Unknown said...

Teresa this page is wonderful. It really showcases the grand kids. I might add that they are really adorable! TFS, Mary

Anonymous said...

You probably thought I missed this Patriotic blog - not a chance. I saw lots of flags out on flag day! Great theme to use the grandchildren to honor such an event. When they are older I'm certain they will be pleased to have been part of your beautiful project

Anonymous said...

Love this layout and the cuts that you used! such a sweet photo

Heather F
MCCR DT Sis
www.papercrafteranonymous.com

Kathy Salido said...

Adorable layout Teresa, and the picture is even more adorable!!
Kathy
My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great LO!
Lisa
MCCR DT
http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com/

Pink Cricut said...

What a beautiful layout Teresa!!

Jessica Buffa said...

Teresa, this layout is fantastic. I hate to bear bad news, but to be fair to all those who have made NEW projects since I posted the challenge, I can't count this in the contest since it was submitted prior to that! :O(
Hope you understand, and if you find time, you have until tomorrow to link up :O)
Hugs
Jessica S

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!